Holy Family Catholic ChurchOxlow Lane Dagenham Essex. RM9 5XJ
Holy Family Catholic Church
Parish priest:- Fr Stephen Myers MA, BSc(Hons). BA(Hons), PGCE, Cert. Theo.
Assistant Priest: Fr David Pearce MA (Cantab), ACA, BTh(Hons)
Also in residence Alexander Johnson BA, MEng
30th September 2020
Temporary phone number: 02089849545
First Holy Communion, Caliyp, Confirmation and RCIA
If you would like to enrol on any of the above courses please email the Presbytery as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Certificate of Catholic Practice
If you require a certificate for your child to enrol for Nursery, Reception class or Secondary school please email the Presbytery on the above link.
The church has been prepared to comply with the guidelines that have been sent to us. We will put everything we can in place in order to minimise the risk of the spread of Covid-19.
Please remember that if you or a member of your household are displaying Covid symptoms, you should not come to Mass. You must stay at home. Those who are particularly vulnerable should also remain at home.
We will all need to ensure that social distancing and all other measures, such as hand sanitising provision, are in place so that we will be able to celebrate our Sunday Masses.
The usual Sunday and weekday Masses will be celebrated at Holy Family until further notice as long as there are enough stewards to do so. We need people willing to act as welcomers and stewards while the church is open. If you are willing to help please contact the Presbytery. If there are not enough stewards available then the church will not be opened and Mass will not take place. Admission will be very much on a first come-first served basis.
- At this moment in time you will not need “to book” to come to Sunday Mass.
- Individuals, families and all those who have been in lockdown together can attend Sunday Mass and should sit together.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory.
- Toilet will be closed. Please make sure you go to the toilet before you come to Mass.
- There will be a one way system in place for entry, exit and in the church. Please follow the directions of the welcomers.
- You will be required to hand sanitise when you enter the church.
- Please minimise the surfaces that you touch.
- You will have to wait to be seated by one of the welcomers in order to ensure social distancing. Therefore, it is important that you come to Mass in very good time in order that you can be seated and that Mass can start promptly. Latecomers will have to wait until an appropriate moment during the Mass to be seated in order to minimise disruption or they may be advised to return in good time for another Mass. In all these matters, we ask for your respectful cooperation with the welcomers.
- There will not be any singing during Mass.
- Communion will under one kind only and be given in the hand only. Please extend your arms as much as possible to maintain distance.
- After Mass, you will only be able to exit by the main doors.
- Please hand sanitise as you leave the church.
- The church will be cleaned after each Mass. The church will be closed for private prayer on Sundays to allow for this cleaning.
All the measures that we are putting in place will be continually assessed and reviewed. These circumstances are unprecedented, and we appreciate your understanding and patience as we work hard to ensure the safety of all people who will gather again in the presence of Jesus, truly present to us in His living word and Holy Communion.
Mass will continue to be video streamed via Zoom.us at 9:00am on a Sunday.
If you want to join us email the parish for the details.
We look forward with hope to the time when we can resume our normal parish life and be together again. As soon as I am made aware of any change I will let the community know. In the mean time the parish has been hit hard by the lack of the Sunday collection. You can donate money to the parish by using this link
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Stephen Myers
NHS TRACK AND TRACE
With the development of Track and Trace, please either scan the QR code that is displayed in the Church or the link on this page to register your attendance at Mass. Please find below the official advice from the GOV.UK website on how the system works and advice on how to avoid being the victim of any possible scams as a result of the implementation of this system.
Saturday Vigil Mass: 6:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am, 11:00am and 6:00pm
Holy Days of Obligation: 9:30am and 7:30pm
Confession: Saturday 4:45pm-5:45pm
Baptism: Please contact the Parish Office between 9:30am and 12:30pm